Music is a unique way of communicating that can inspire and motivate children. It gives an opportunity for personal expression, and it can play an important part in the personal development of an individual. It promotes children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. Our aim at St Cuthbert’s is to provide children with an enjoyable, rich and stimulating experience of Music, to encourage children to see themselves as musicians and to develop a lifelong love and appreciation of music.
- To make music an enjoyable activity for all children.
- To provide children with opportunities to listen to, review, perform and evaluate music from a range of genres, periods, and styles.
- To enable children to learn to sing and use their voices
- To develop the interrelated skills of performing, composing and appreciating music.
- To give children the opportunity to perform music both vocally and with instruments.
- To enable children to create and compose music on their own and with others.
- To give each child the opportunity to develop their musical talents.